Thursday, March 29, 2012

We have had such a rough few days. Dylan has had the stomach flu, which has included diarrhea, the kind that always gets out of the diaper, and been throwing up. Throw up is gross always but when one minute your cuddling your little sick baby and the next covered in it, it's just such a surprise. There is just no warning at all. We have had so much laundry the last few days. The first day I changed his clothes seven times, and mine five times. He threw up in both of our beds, and the amount of laundry I've done, and still have to do is crazy. When he's sick he just wants to be held and cuddled, and I love to just cuddle my usually squirmy baby, i just can't get anything done when your holding a baby all the time. On top of all that Stetson has an ear infection, so I'm putting a solution in his ear a few times a day and cleaning out gross smelly earwax. It's just been a nasty gross week. The dogs have been tired of being stuck inside, so they have been barking at everything they hear outside. There are a group of kids that play ball outside our balcony and just drive the dogs crazy every afternoon. It seems it's always when I finally get Dylan to sleep, that the dogs bark and wake him up. Dylan will only sleep if he's in my arms, or laying next to me. All he wants to do is nurse, and then he throws up. It's a terrible cycle. We are both so exhausted. I took him to the Doctor because he's just having such a hard time getting over this. With all his clothes on he almost weighs 14lbs. Not bad for being almost eight months old. lol. He was so happy at the Doctors office, I'm sure she was wondering why we came. She said to give him some rice cereal, and apple juice mixed with water. My mom gave me the same advice the day before. Well today he's feeling better, and I have so much stuff to do, but I don't want to, so I'm updating the blog. lol.

No matter what's going on a bath makes everything feel better.

3 comments:

  1. I think he handled the sick day better than you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrible. I'm sorry. Remember when Brooke got sick as a baby at Disneyland. She managed to barf on me 3 times even though you were the one carrying her in the baby bjorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I remember that. It was always so funny I was holding her so much that day, and every time I handed her over she threw up on you. She was such a sweet little thing, and so happy for not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers